Here’s how your PTA can be involved in the 2018 Chickens’ Ball:
- Please appoint two members to represent your PTA on the Chickens’ Ball Steering Committee. Steering meets for about an hour on the first Monday of every month. The next meeting of the Steering Committee is Monday, May 8, at 7:00 p.m.
- We would also like to announce the “How to Write a Skit” meeting on March 31, at 6:30. We invite you to send a representative to learn more about how to submit a skit. Skits are due on September 29, 2017.
- Auditions will be held on November 16, at 6-9 p.m. AND November 18 from 10:00 a.m. to 1;00, at Heather School. We welcome all who are interested in being in the show. We need non-speaking extras, actors, dancers, singers, and really fun people who want to be part of something worthwhile.
- Over the next year, your Steering Committee reps will report many more opportunities for your parents and staff to get involved in the 2018 production. For example, your PTA can set up a booth at the entrance to Mustang Hall to sell food or drinks before show time and at intermission. The show needs ushers and usherettes, stage crew, lighting crew, sound crew, runners, costume designers and sewers, set designers, set painters, and SPONSORS.
- PTA members who want to publicize their business can sponsor various aspects of the show, such as publicity signs, the program, or the Kickoff Dinner.
Get Ready! Contact email@example.com to learn more, or help out!
Babysitting is available for Saturday nights of Chickens’ Ball:
We are four graduating San Carlos Charter Learning Center 8th graders and one CLC alumni with a lot of babysitting experience combined. We are raising money to go on a Spanish immersion trip with our CLC Spanish teachers, Melissa Gonzalez and Elena Fare, this summer right after graduation. To raise money for our trip, we are hosting four babysitting nights at our houses in San Carlos. Please let us know if your kids can join the fun.
- Saturday, April 30th 5:30 pm-10:30 pm at the Fitzpatrick/Ghilzai house (108 Garnet Avenue)
- Saturday, May 7th 5:30 pm – 10:30 pm at the Clarke house (2111 Greenwood Avenue)
Each session will have 3-4 teenage babysitters plus 1-2 adults (depending on the number of kids coming). The kids can be dropped off/picked up anytime during the above time frames. We will serve a healthy lunch/dinner at each session. Otherwise, we will have many activities, games, movies and time for the kids to play with their friends. If they stay late for one of the nighttime sessions, you can send their pjs and toothbrushes, and we will have them ready for bed by the time you pick up.
You can pay whatever amount you think is reasonable, but we are thinking of $8 per hour for one child, $10 for two children and $12 for 3 children.
RSVP to DeeDee Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-868-9438. When you RSVP, please tell us the specific dates your kids will come, the names of your kids, their ages and if they have any allergies.
We have done this many times before, and the kids always have a blast with their friends. Let us know if your children can join us!
Elizabeth McGuire, Amelia Ghilzai, Jackson Cook, Kelly Clarke, Kinsey Cook