Yep, it’s another long message tonight… I’ll just cut to the chase, get a glass of wine, and start reading…
Rehearsal Changes for the Week of March 18th:
- Stairs on Balcony – use these only when the handrails are attached… for obvious reasons.
- Change in Rehearsal locations starts in one week – this is an FYI message – Beginning the week of March 26th, we will all be rehearsing in the Central MUR. So, please take a look at the Cast & Crew calendar and note the changes that pertain to you.
- Belly Dancing is at 6:30 pm Monday at Central MUR
- Shady Dames is at 7:15 pm Monday at Central MUR
- Femininity – Tuesday 7-8 pm rehearsal is in the NEW gym (Instrument selection night will be in the MUR until 7:30 pm)
- Opening – Thursday – dancers only meet at 8:45 pm at Central MUR; all others in opening, please meet at 9:15 pm in the hallway for a discussion and walk through
- Lady in Red – Thursday rehearsal on your own this week
Indoor & Outdoor Construction Help
As a newcomer to the indoor and outdoor construction efforts, I am totally grateful for General Dan Williamson and the volunteers who worked on indoor and outdoor construction. I am amazed at all that goes into assembling and building the stage extension and the sets that flank the stage and cover the walls. Dan has completely redesigned and rebuilt the balcony so that it is lighter and safer! Al McKay and team put the concession tent and concession booths.
Please thank Dan and the remarkable construction crew: Dan Williamson, Steve Beckwith, Lyle Beckwith, Dennis Reeves, Brian & Sunny Kottmeier, Tim Smallman, Rich Leighton, Fernando Bravo, David Stevenson, Ed Cull, Jack Fisher, Amanda Rosko, Kyle Tennebaum, Beth Taylor, Rick Mergogey, Al McKay, Nick Weber, Chet & Elaine Moore, Tim Shannon, Steve Aranda, Mary Reite, Lindee Berg, Lindsay Smith, Rikki Smith, Linda Townsend, Kathy, Connie & Sonya.
See our Set and Stage Construction Pictures http://chickensball.shutterfly.com/pictures/5
Move in day for skits is March 24th. At least two representatives from each skit will be needed on move in day. We will need the Stage Crew that day too.
Piacere’s Special Notice & Support Reminder
A special message from Miriam Russell-Wadleigh, the Executive Chef at Piacere Restaurant:
Please come help us celebrate Piacere’s 20th Anniversary! Bubbly, bites and birthday cake + whatever blackmail photos I can find (Tony with hair maybe?)
Tuesday March 20th, starting at 8pm. Put it on your calendar & spread the word Piacere Restaurant
727 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
Tickets Available NOW!
Thank you to Steering member Val Cardozo for helping sell tickets at the Museum of San Carlos History this Saturday.
The ticket flyer is available on our website and at Central for you to send around or hand out to everyone. Posters (big and small) are also printed and ready for posting to every wall possible. Take are few and hang them around town!
The Ticket team could use help for these dates:
- March 20th – Central MUR for Instrument Selection Night – 3:30 – 7:30 pm; I would love to help sell tickets (‘cuz I love to talk to everyone) but Bret Barton and I are running the trombone station! Any help would be much appreciated.
- March 24th – Bianchini’s Market – 11 am – 3 pm Laurel Street, San Carlos
- March 25th – Bianchini’s Market – 11 am – 3 pm Laurel Street, San Carlos
****If you want to help the ticket team with tickets at any of these venues, please let Sonya know – email@example.com
Facebook – two things:
- We made a Chickens’ Ball Facebook page and have turned our group into a cast & crew group. Please go LIKE us on the Chickens Ball page and stay on the Cast & Crew group for, funny enough, cast & crew information
- Please send the Chickens’ Ball event invite around on Facebook to your friends, neighbors, colleagues, and family who you are inviting to the show!
- Hi-8 Video Cassette – we found 5 old Hi8 videotapes and want to see what is on them. Does anyone have a Hi8 video camera or playback capability?
- Tim King is putting together our program. He will have a proof for cast & crew to review and sign off on before we go to print. Please be kind to him and give quick feedback and proofing when he asks.
- We had a surprise visitor – Jean Hintermann, a cameraman from Millbrae TV who is filming a 5-minute short on the Chickens’ Ball. Please be talkative and articulate if he asks to film you.
- Saw fleeting glimpse of Ginger and Dorine before they headed off to make their Lil’s headpieces at “Belle’s Place.”
- Best of all, we saw a glimpse of Sian Davies (our Finance Chairman extraordinaire), please thank her for timely payments and reimbursements!!!
- Steering is working hard and we started the meeting with a steering meeting. The hospitality team is hard at work choosing restaurants and planning the April 21st inter-performance BBQ – please mark the date on you calendar!
- We found out that former San Carlos Chickens’ Ball performer and participant, Barbara Bledsoe has a connection to the actual Barbary Coast – her great grandmother performed in the actual Chickens’ Ball in the 1890’s. It’s amazing what you can find out if you talk to people long enough!
Thank you so much for all of your handwork and dedication!
Sonya & Connie